Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 5, 2010

2 Timothy 4:18

The Lord will rescue me from every evil threat and will bring me safe to his heavenly kingdom. – 2 Timothy 4:18

My brother-in-law arrived home past midnight. He alighted from his vehicle and opened the gate. Two masked men approached him and declared a carnap. His wife and their teenage children heard the commotion and went out of their house. They begged the men not to get the van. When I heard their shouts and cries, I decided to go out to see what was happening. Then there was a gunshot. Then silence. Then their van and the other car sped off.
Thank God, even if the van was taken, the Lord covered us all with His protection. Some neighbors planned to help but backed out when they saw the armed men. My brother-in-law just had bruises on his arms and upper back. The carnappers pointed the gun at his wife and kids but fired up in the air. I was just about to go out of our house when the gun was fired.
It took some time before we all fully recovered from that incident. What saw us through? We continuously called upon the Lord and trusted in His saving power.
There was no trace of the van so the insurance company covered it. My in-laws are now blessed with a new car. God is good … all the time! Sol Saura (solmsaura@gmail.com)

REFLECTION:
Whom do we call when we are faced with danger?

If I should ever walk in the valley of darkness, no evil will I fear. Lord, You are always there to show the way.

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers