Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Kris Aquino hints at the last straw that did her marriage in

By ROWENA JOY A. SANCHEZ
June 29, 2010, 2:17pm

Although Kris Aquino has resolved to keep silent on her separation with James Yap, it seems she can’t stay completely mum on the matter.

In an article by Ricky Lo published in The Philippine Star on June 29, the Queen of All Media revealed tidbits about her marital problems through a text message that she sent him.

In the message, Kris hinted at the straw that broke the camel’s back.

"It was what James told Baby James in front of me,” said Kris, contrary to claims by “people close to the couple” that it’s their “basic differences” that caused their marriage to crumble.

The source who claimed so told Lo on June 28: “They always clash because of Kris’ tendency to control James… Their differences are irreconcilable. Every time they fought, Kris would threaten to separate from James, saying, ‘Ayoko na talaga; sawa na ako. Hiwalay na tayo!’ This time around, James retaliated by saying, ‘Hiwalay kung hiwalay!’ I think they have reached a point of no return, no reconciliation.”

According to Kris “that snippet of a conversation you printed occurred on April 26.” She admitted that she and James had a “fight,” but cleared that “I didn’t provoke that.”

She also apologized for declining to divulge the exact words James said in front of their youngest son.

"That’s why I kept my silence on ‘The Buzz’ last Sunday. At three-years-old, my son is vulnerable and can be emotionally and psychologically damaged," Kris said.

The controversial Aquino confessed that even though she and James have had fights in the past, "I have never involved our son."

"We were keeping our distance from each other for several weeks when James exploded," she related. "Yes, I am guilty of many times saying I wanted out. But I have never involved our son. I have never said words that would hurt Baby James and negate his value as my child. I am trying to be decent and proper."

She also refuted the allegation that she’s a “controlling” wife.

“I have never controlled James. More than one year na nga akong hindi nakikialam sa kanya. We have been living under one roof but totally separate lives,” she related.

Now that the legalization of their separation is already being worked out, Kris said she simply wants a “chance to heal” after feeling tired “of lying to the world and lying to myself... presenting an everything-is-OK picture to the world when my home life has been so unhappy for so long."

She added: “Akala ng lahat ako lang ‘yung madaldal at pwedeng masakit magsalita. Hindi nyo lang alam lahat ng insultong inabot na rin ng pagkatao ko sa years na pinagsamahan namin. I have shared all this with off the record. I am not asking you to take my side but just to see why I am firm in saying this is a separation that will be legalized and finalized.”

The host-actress seems to regret that she and James did not have a prenuptial agreement.

“Under the law, because of the kids I do have a right to our condo in Makati but if he refuses to vacate, ayoko ng gulo. My Mom was insistent before that the practical thing to do was to ask for a prenup. James is smarter than you all give him credit for. He told me then na-in-insulto ang pagkatao nya and I was stupid enough to not insist,” she said.

Since moving out on June 22, Kris and her sons Bimby and Joshua have been staying at a hotel in Makati, while James remains in their condo which they purchased last year.

Kris said that her lawyers will meet with James’ lawyers in the coming days to discuss the details of their separation.

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers