1. Open the photo in Photoshop.
2. Try the “Autolevels” command first.
3. Made a mistake? Use the “undo” command.
4. You can stop here, but if you’d like to enhance the photo further, use the “Layers” palette. Can’t find it? Left click on “Window” ad select “Layers.”
5. Drag the background to the new layer button on the layer palette to duplicate it.
6. Change the blend mode for the duplicate layer to Screen.
7. If the results are too light, lower the opacity of the layer.
8. If the photo is still too dark, drag the copy to the new layer button to duplicate it again. Adjust opacity as needed.