1. Open the photo in Photoshop.
2. Left click on “Image” to show the drop down menu.
3. Move mouse pointer to “Adjustments.” Left click the “Autolevels” command.
4. If you think you’ve overdone it, click “Edit” and select the “Undo” command.
5. You can stop here if you’re happy with the results, but if you want an extra boost, go to the “Layer” palette. (Can’t find it? Left click on “Window” and select “Layers.”)
6. Drag the background to the new layer button on the layer palette to duplicate it.
7. Change the blend mode for the duplicate layer to “Soft Light.”
8. If the results are too dark, lower the layer’s opacity.
9. If the photo is still too light, drag the copy to the new layer button to duplicate it again. Adjust opacity as needed.